Comprehensive Financial Planning
A true financial plan is not a one-time thing. It’s not a giant stack of documents and spreadsheets. Financial Planning is an ongoing process that helps you make well-informed, mindful decisions throughout life.
This comprehensive financial planning program is a collaborative experience that gives you a process to make smarter money decisions and ultimately allows you to create, grow, and keep more wealth.
One-time $1,000 upfront fee
Ongoing Annual Fee (charged monthly)
1.00% of gross annual income, minimum $2,100 annually ($175/m)
The ongoing program includes:
- Development of a financial strategy built around your values and goals. Together, we will explore possible paths forward until you find the right path for you.
- Quarterly meetings (or as needed) to monitor, adjust and adapt your strategy as life evolves.
- A Financial Planning Summary that lays out goals, strategies, and action items that is renewed annually.
- Simple and secure online access to all your information
- Unlimited access (via email, phone, in-person, or virtually)
- Individual tax returns are prepared and filed for free
- The first $150,000 of investments are managed for free
- Business owners receive a complimentary retirement plan analysis and recommendations (i.e. 401k, SIMPLE IRA, SEP, etc.)
- Business owners are provided a complimentary program designed just for Thayer Financial clients. This program is run by Strong Lead, LLC (a leadership development and coaching business) that is designed to help grow your most valuable asset, your business.
1. Phone Call
It all starts off with a 20-minute phone call, where we discuss why you contacted Thayer Financial, how we work, the cost of our services and the process we follow. After this call, you may decide you’d like to meet in-person or virtually and get to know each other (especially if we haven’t met before) before you make a decision.
2. Get Organized Meeting
In order to move forward with your financial plan, we need to understand the details of your financial life.
However, I realize that like most people, your financial life probably isn’t in perfect order already. Statements end out buried in drawers and at the bottom of piles. Insurance policies are buried who-knows-where. Sometimes we even lose track of old accounts.
So at our first meeting, we’re going to work together to help you Get Organized. You’ll bring with you whatever financial information you can easily put your hands on and then I’ll help you find the rest.
I help you create an organized way for you to maintain and securely store your entire financial life.
3. Explore the Possibilities Meeting
This is the fun part of planning because we get to start designing what you want your life to look like going forward, find out what truly matters to you, and the things you are willing to do to get there.
4. Analysis and Planning
This is all the behind the scenes number crunching, analysis, and things I live for!
We’ll meet to discuss the plan I’ve prepared, along with any recommendations, alternative courses of action and a potential schedule of activities we can follow over the coming years to put your plan into action.
6. Regular Reviews
We’ll continue to meet virtually or in-person quarterly (less frequently if desired) to implement the plan and adjust course when necessary.